The technical director (TD)/ manager is responsible for the long term sport technical policy aiming to achieve predetermined top-level sport goals.
The technical top-level sport director is responsible for drawing up and realizing the performance programs, development programs and talent programs.
Your responsibilities and challenges
- Developing and guiding the complete top-level sports policy, that is aiming to achieve international top performances
- Develops the top-level sports policy plan, the annual action plans and the associated budgeting, in line with the top-level sports action plan of Sport Flanders and the basic operation of the Flemish Rowing League.
- Is responsible for the Be Gold program (in view of the Olympics 2024 and 2028). He/she develops the annual action plan.
- Is responsible for every top-level sports category: talents, juniors, U23, seniors and para rowers.
- Controls the coaching team: heads, guides and assesses them.
- Is President of the top-level sports commission of the Flemish Rowing League. The commission is responsible for drawing up and presenting the four-yearly policy plan for the management board of the Flemish Rowing League.
- Is responsible for drawing up and following up the evaluation and selection process. The selections are discussed and confirmed in the Federal Sports Technical Commission.
- Is the contact person for athletes, national coaches, club coaches, Sport Vlaanderen (Sport Flanders), BOIC and other persons involved in top-level sports activities.
- Forms and works together with a medical and scientific expert team (nutrition, mental guidance, biomechanical analysis, power training, ...)
- Is present during training camps and international regatta and leads the meetings with the coach team.
- He/she takes up the role of team manager during international competitions. He/she represents the organization in an international context.
- Organises talent identification in cooperation with the junior coordinator.
- Collects, develops, innovates and shares knowledge in the field of sports technology. He/she closely follows developments at the top, analyses performance (development) of the global top, searches for scientific developments that can contribute to the quality of the programs and shares the knowledge with the coaches.
- Provides sports technical input for the coach courses, in particular for the development of the 'trainer A' course.
- Looks after the interests of the Flemish Rowing League and ensures that rowers and coaches also represent them.
- Is involved in publicity and promotional actions. He/she is the spokesman for the press during competitions and events.
- Ensures the own personal development.
- Is responsible for the positive management of volunteers and to motivate them towards a powerful toplevel sports environment.
- Ensures an optimal information flow and stimulates communication to make sure that management, clubs and employees are well informed and involved.
- Fulfils organizational and administrative tasks linked to the job content, in collaboration with the employees of the Flemish Rowing League.
- Reports to the management board of the Flemish Rowing League via the top-level sport responsible member of the management board and the coordinator of the Flemish Rowing League..
- The Technical Director has a Bachelor or Master degree with at least 5 years of managerial experience in the (inter) national top-level sports world.
- Is an authoritative, powerful personality.
- Has a vision on and experience with the successful organization of top-level sports and talent development.
- Has financial skills.
- Has people management skills.
- Is a team player and know how to motivate and inspire others to achieve a joint result.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are expected. You communicate fluently in the English language.
- Is results-oriented: you set high standards for yourself and your environment.
- Commits him/herself to achieve the highest currently level of training courses in rowing (currently trainer B).
- Is club neutral, you don’t exercise a board position and you are not a trainer in a Belgian club structure
What we offer
- Full-time employment in a sporty and ambitious environment.
- Many challenges within the various programs. You can immediately start putting together a team towards Paris 2024.
- Suitable working conditions and salary (according to Sport Flanders' scales).
- A contract until the 2024 Olympic Games, that can be extended
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Subsidizing the position of the technical director depends on an agreement of Sport Flanders, after advice from the top-level sport task force, about the capability of the candidate. The profile of the candidate, the top-level sport experience, pedagogical experience, competences acquired elsewhere and results previously achieved in top-level sport will be taken into account.
Apply with a motivation letter and CV before 1/09 to email@example.com.
We insure a discreet handling of your application.
More information about our federation on www.vlaamse-roeiliga.be
Vlaamse Roeiliga vzw - Zuiderlaan 13 - 9000 Gent - www.vlaamse-roeiliga.be